commons-user mailing list archives

From "Meena Rajvaidya" <rajvaidya.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Filupload and request parameters
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:38:21 GMT
Hello,

I am using FileUpload for multipart request handling, my request
contains three different parameter and one file, I want to read those
parameters first and then read the file as those paramters construct
directory where this file needs to be stored, here is the code

protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException {
		int dir1 = 0 ;
		int dir2 = 0 ;
		int dir3 = 0;
		String uploadLocation = null;
		String fileName = null;
		// parse request
		if(ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request)){
			ServletFileUpload upload = new ServletFileUpload();
			try {
				FileItemIterator iterator = upload.getItemIterator(request);
				while(iterator.hasNext()){
					FileItemStream item = iterator.next();
					String name = item.getFieldName();
					InputStream stream = item.openStream();
					if(item.isFormField()){
						if("dir1".equals(name)){
							dir1 = Integer.parseInt(Streams.asString(stream));
						}else if("dir2".equals(name)){
							dir2 = Integer.parseInt(Streams.asString(stream));
						}else if("dir3".equals(name)){
							dir3 = Integer.parseInt(Streams.asString(stream));
						}
						uploadLocation =
server_url+File.separatorChar+tenantId+File.separatorChar+collectionId+File.separatorChar+rowId
;
				new File(uploadLocation).mkdirs();
						}else {
							System.out.println("File field" + name + "with file name" +
item.getName());
							fileName = item.getName();
							//perform file storing operations

				File uploadedFile = new File(uploadLocation+File.separatorChar+fileName);

				FileOutputStream outputstream = new FileOutputStream(uploadedFile);
				long number = Streams.copy(testStream, outputstream, true);
				System.out.println("result from outpoutstream operation" + number);
					}

				}

			} catch (FileUploadException e) {
				// TODO Auto-generated catch block
				e.printStackTrace();
			} catch (IOException e) {
				// TODO Auto-generated catch block
				e.printStackTrace();
			} catch(NumberFormatException e){
				e.printStackTrace();
			}
		}

    }

however for some reason FileItem is being read first so I can not
store this file at desired location it is (/usr/sim/0/0/0/filename),
can some one please suggest how can I make sure that I read form item
first then file items.

I do appreciate al the help and time. Thanks

-sim