commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Java-scxml interaction
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 18:54:42 GMT
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Anna Klisiewicz
<anna.klisiewicz@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Not actual anymore - I think I have done it with invoker.

<snip/>

I'm going to remain distracted for another week or so -- and in terms
of the original question(s) in this thread, I'd recommend going back
to the W3C draft, understanding the semantics of the various available
techniques (be it <send>, custom actions, <invoke> etc.) and choosing
one that is appropriate for your needs. From what you've said so far,
invoke seems to have viable semantics for the usecase.

> By the way, how to get access to datamodel? So far I was doing it in the
> same function where I was executing SCXML. now I want use them in conditions
> in Invoke function. Shall I send them by "param" or is there more
> convienient way, like "getData()" or something

<snap/>

Using <param> is correct, and often the only way to pass data since
the <invoke>'d service executes in its own context (i.e. has a
separate datamodel).

-Rahul