commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brent Worden" <brent.wor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] Strange issue with FDistribution
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:27:47 GMT
You can always subclass FDistributionImpl and override the method.
The return value from this method serves as a starting value for a
root finding rountine; the default mechnanism used to compute inverse
CDFs.  So, the exact number returned is not crucial to obtain accurate
results.  The inverse CDF rountines will just perform better based on
this starting value.

HTH,

Brent.