commons-user mailing list archives

From Patrick.Grim...@xtl.com
Subject Re: General Database Question
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:52:10 GMT
I agree, there's probably other user groups that this question is probably
suited for.  I figured somebody here might have an answer though.

             Reinhardt
             Christiansen
             <rhino1@sympatico.c                                             To
             a>                          Commons Users List
                                         <user@commons.apache.org>
             09/12/2008 08:49 AM                                             cc

                                                                        Subject
              Please respond to          Re: General Database Question
               "Commons Users
                    List"
             <user@commons.apach
                   e.org>

Patrick.Grimard@xtl.com wrote:
> I have a process that I've archived into a jar file.  That jar file gets
called
> on a schedule, on a Windows machine.  Part of my process queries 3 tables in
an
> MS Access database to extract the data and dump it to a DB2 database.  I've
> noticed that the last few times it has ran, it always returns 20000 records
from
> one of the tables.  I've seen that particular table have fewer records, like
in
> the 2000 to 3000 range, as much as 15000+, but now it keeps returning exactly
> 20000.  I didn't like the fact that the number was so round, so I created a
test
> class that does a simple "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM" and I pass the table name as a
> parameter to the class.  I was shocked to see that the result was in fact
20000
> for the particular table in question.
>
> So I guess my question is, could the Access database be locked down to only
hold
> a maximum of 20000 records in a given table?  Or is there something else going
> on?

It's a reasonable question, given the circumstances, but it doesn't seem
like a question that has much to do with the mailing list. I'd be asking
it on an Access user group, such as microsoft.public.access on
msnews.microsoft.com.

Just a friendly suggestion.....

--
Rhino