commons-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Rivera" <paulriver...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fileupload sizelimitexception
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:52:08 GMT
Hi!

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I have.  Sorry for the vagueness but let me clear things up a little.

FileUploadBase.parseRequest() returns a List containing FileItem objects.
These FileItem objects can either be a file uploaded or a form field (these
form fields are what I need).

In commons fileupload 1.0, FileUploadBase.parseRequest() throws an Exception
if the maxSize is exceeded _before it even starts to read from the
MultipartStream.  Meaning, it will not even read the first form field.

I've looked into fileupload 1.2.1 and the flow looks pretty much the same.

I was hoping I could make FileUploadBase.parseRequest() still return the
form fields (but exclude the data from the uploaded file) even in the case
when the maxSize is exceeded.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Paul Rivera