commons-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Rivera" <>
Subject fileupload sizelimitexception
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:01:59 GMT

I'm using commons fileupload 1.0.  I'm in a situation wherein:

  - if the user submits a file larger than my defined maxFileSize,
FileUploadBase throws a SizeLimitExceededException which stops processing of
the remaining parameters.
  - i have a hidden field in my form that my web application needs to
retrieve even in the case of an exceeded size limit.

Does anyone have ideas on possible solutions here?

I have not yet tried using the latest release, commons-fileupload-1.2.1.
But skimming through the code, things look similar.  It looks like the
exception will still be thrown before the rest of the parameters get read.

Best Regards,
Paul Rivera