commons-user mailing list archives

From "Khawaja Shams" <kssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCP Returning Closed Connections
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:21:49 GMT
Wes,   While I admit that testWhileIdle is a much better solution, I had
figured that it would not be too expensive to set testOnBorrow for a simple
reason: my impression from reviewing the code is that  if you do not
explicitly set the query string, DBCP just does a connection.isClosed()
check, which should fail if the test was invoked. After ensuring the
connection is open, DBCP will run your query (if it is not null).  This is
what I gathered from reading the code, but I may be wrong :).

Regards,
Khawaja