commons-user mailing list archives

From "Khawaja Shams" <kssh...@gmail.com>
Subject DBCP Returning Closed Connections
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:40:01 GMT
Hello,   One of our servers goes through periods of activity followed by
long idle durations.  It appears as though after the server sits idle for a
few hours, subsequent requests to the DBCP Pool return connections that have
already been closed. This is a bit frustrating as I could not find a way to
take that connection out of the pool, and the same instance of the
connection keeps getting returned to other requests.  The connection is to a
MySQL server.  I tried setting the testOnBorrow variable to true (I am using
BasicDataSource) before the first time I borrow the connection, but it does
not seem to have any impact.  Does anybody have a work around or a hunch as
to what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Regards,
Khawaja Shams