commons-user mailing list archives

From "Adriano Bonat" <adria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception when parsing RSS
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 21:18:40 GMT
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:

> Can you post the relevant part of the rss input text?

For example:
http://news.google.com/?output=rss&ned=en&num=50&q=test&ie=UTF-8

> >From this error message, it sure looks like the input is invalid xml.
> And if that is the case, then there is no way to parse it with any xml
> parser.

The <description> content from the Google's RSS is escaped, so "<" is
&lt;, ">" is &gt;... so I don't understand why I'm getting that error.

> If it is intermittent, then maybe you are getting intermittent
> truncation of the input data stream.

Hmm.. it is implemented like this:

InputStreamReader isr = new
InputStreamReader(urlConnection.getInputStream(), "UTF-8");
BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(isr);

Channel channel = (Channel) this.rssParser.parse(br);

urlConnection.disconnect();

... so using a BufferedReader is this "intermittent" problem possible?

Thanks.