commons-user mailing list archives

From "F. Andy Seidl" <fase...@myst-technology.com>
Subject RE: fileupload sizelimitexception
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:36:13 GMT
Have you tried placing the hidden form field before the upload field in the
form?
  -- fas

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Rivera [mailto:paulrivera22@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:02 AM
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: fileupload sizelimitexception

Hi!

I'm using commons fileupload 1.0.  I'm in a situation wherein:

  - if the user submits a file larger than my defined maxFileSize,
FileUploadBase throws a SizeLimitExceededException which stops processing of
the remaining parameters.
  - i have a hidden field in my form that my web application needs to
retrieve even in the case of an exceeded size limit.

Does anyone have ideas on possible solutions here?

I have not yet tried using the latest release, commons-fileupload-1.2.1.
But skimming through the code, things look similar.  It looks like the
exception will still be thrown before the rest of the parameters get read.

Best Regards,
Paul Rivera