commons-user mailing list archives

From Achim Westermann <a.westerm...@alkacon.com>
Subject Re: Performance of commons-pool and commons-dbcp
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:09:07 GMT
Hi
I do think that I experienced locking issues with web applications that
rely on commons pool / dbcp. I just have open a page and hold down F5
with firefox and get in the application server log sth. like:

Sep 12, 2008 3:59:49 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher
invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.util.NoSuchElementException: Timeout waiting for idle object
	at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:825)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(PoolingDriver.java:176)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

However I never spent time trying to optimize pool configuration.

kind regards,

Achim