commons-user mailing list archives

Subject Betwixt: Trouble reading Map data
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:07:13 GMT

I have a bean containing a Map<String, String> and the get/set/add methods:

    private Map<String, String> details = new TreeMap<String, String>();

    public Map<String, String> getDetails()
        return details;

    public void setDetails(Map<String, String> details)
        this.details = details;

    public void addDetail(String key, String value)
        details.put(key, value);

When I use betwixt to render the bean as XML the output looks fine:

The problem is that when the bean is reconstructed from the XML, the Map is
empty. I put a breakpoint in the addDetail() method and it isn't getting
hit, so this method isn't being called. Is this an error in the
documentation or is there something else I've missed?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message