commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: Saving and loading gui form data
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 17:34:35 GMT
Brian McCloud schrieb:
> I've been looking for a library to load and save gui form data (such as for an options
dialog). I might be able to subclass DynaBean (from the BeanUtils library) to make an "aggregate"
DynaBean that encapsulates bean properties from several other objects, and use the Configuration
library to deal with saving and loading, but I was hoping somebody might know of an existing
open-source library (even if not in Apache) that is closer to what I'm looking for, or could
explain a better way of doing this with existing Apache Commons classes.

> ((mauvecloud))

If the data you have to deal with is stored in Java beans, maybe the
XML-based serialization mechanism introduced in Java 1.4 is an option
for you? Have a look at the java.beans.XMLEncoder/XMLDecoder classes.

Oliver