commons-user mailing list archives

From "J.-F. Rompre" <jrom...@gmail.com>
Subject SCXML question: state reduction implementation?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:16:09 GMT
Hello,

My apologies if this is already provided, but I couldn't find it in the
current docs/FAQs/tutorials I looked at on the project site.

Are the states internally reduced/optimized whenever possible ? If, so
ideally this would be transparent to the client code/XML for verification
purposes.

As an example, an XML describing 100 states and many more possible
transitions, might be reduced to 30 states, but
no source XML changes would be needed (e.g. translation between defined and
optimized might occur in the Bridge).

If not done internally, that would be a great capability to add, and would
allow Domain specifications to remain expressive.

Thank you,

JF