commons-user mailing list archives

From "Anna Klisiewicz" <anna.klisiew...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: SCXML - getting started
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:05:35 GMT
Hi Chris,
Thank you for your answer.

2008/7/14 Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>:

> Hi Anna,
> are you sure you want to use SCXML? Its not an API for parsing XML files in
> general, its:
> "State Chart XML (SCXML) is a general-purpose event-based state machine
> language"

Yes I am sure, I need to use SCXML. I would like to avoid  Java, as I don't
have experience with it and to be honest, I am not really good at oo
programming. Unfortunately it seems that there is not too much choice and
Commons SCXML is the best way.

> I wonder that you are starting with Java and with SCXML at the same time.
> If yes, did you read that?
>
> http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/core-parser.html
>
> You can read that you have several ways to give an XML file to the SCXML
> parser:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/scxml/apidocs/org/apache/commons/scxml/io/SCXMLParser.html

Yes I have seen it and I haven't created anythig working. I couldn't even
run the StopWatch example, because I had some errors, and due to luck of
experience I couldn't fix it. The biggest problem I've got is using classes
effectively.

I have to  write a dialogue system and the scxml code will look simillar to
this below. What would you suggest to use to make it working? What should I
focus on while learning, because I feel discouraged now and It doesn't seem
that I will be able to use Commons SCXML effectively soon.
Best wishes, Anna

<datamodel>

    <data name="is">
       <private>
          <plan eval="true"> </plan>
          <bel eval="true"> </bel>
       </private>
       <shared>
          <com eval="true">  </com>
          <qud eval="true"> </qud>
       </shared>
    </data>
<datamodel>

<parallel id="ds">

    <state id="Moves" target="select">
       <state id="select" target="selectAction">
          <state id="Action">
             <transition vars="Action" precond="" target="selectMove">
                <script>...</script>
             </transition>
             <transition target="selectMove"/>
          </state>
          <state id="selectMove">
             <transition vars="Question Answer"
precond="..."target="update">
                <send target="Self" event="generateMove" expr=""/>
             </transition>
          <state>
      <!--some more states...-->
       </state>