commons-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCXML - getting started
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 04:28:48 GMT
Hi Anna,

I am not only SCXML but also Java beginner and there is a reason that I have
> to use both. Unfortunately I do not really know how to use Commons SCXML
> even after reading documentation, because there is to many new things. Can
> you give me some more SIMPLE examples how to parse xml files (how to use
> urls to the xml files in SCXML Parser) and how to make some simple code
> working. Sorry for boring you with not really chellenging questions.

are you sure you want to use SCXML? Its not an API for parsing XML files in
general, its:
"State Chart XML (SCXML) is a general-purpose event-based state machine
language"

I wonder that you are starting with Java and with SCXML at the same time.
If yes, did you read that?

http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/core-parser.html

You can read that you have several ways to give an XML file to the SCXML
parser:
http://commons.apache.org/scxml/apidocs/org/apache/commons/scxml/io/SCXMLParser.html

If you are not looking for that but for simple XML read/write access, you
better look at:
http://commons.apache.org/betwixt/
http://commons.apache.org/digester/

Chris.