commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to Context from custom action
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:29:07 GMT
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Berg, T.W. (Tom) van den
<tom.vandenberg@tno.nl> wrote:
> What are the Java API calls the access the local Context (datamodel)
> from a custom action?
<snip/>

Short reply since I'm running out of email time.

You have a handle to the SCInstance (use the expression evaluator
rather than context lookup where appropriate):

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/0.8/apidocs/org/apache/commons/scxml/SCInstance.html

> And what is the Jexl code to do the same from the SCXML document?

<snap/>

See this page (particularly, the latter half):

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/datamodel.html

> For example, for the following simple SCML document:
> - How can I retrieve the value "NAME1" from the custom action
> rti:register ?
<snip/>

All expressions untested, but meant to give you some hints:

<cs:var name="retrievedvalue" expr="Data(label, 'value')"/>

> - How can I change this value from the custom action ?
<snap/>

<assign location="Data(label, 'value')" expr="'NAME2'"/>

> - What is the Jexl code to pass the value NAME1 as parameter into
> rti:register  (e.g. instead of using "doRegister") ?

<snip/>

See this post:

  http://markmail.org/message/a3dtad2sfipehois

The rest of that thread may be useful to glance at as well.

-Rahul