commons-user mailing list archives

From "Neil Aggarwal" <n...@JAMMConsulting.com>
Subject Cannot compile DBCP 1.2.2
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 03:13:48 GMT
Hello:

I am trying to compile DBCP 1.2.2 from the source zip
file.

I am getting errors like these:
Cannot reduce the visibility of the inherited method from Statement
The type BasicDataSource must implement the inherited abstract method
Wrapper.isWrapperFor(Class)
The type BasicDataSource must implement the inherited abstract method
Wrapper.unwrap(Class)
The type ConnectionImpl must implement the inherited abstract method
Connection.createArrayOf(String, Object[])The type ConnectionImpl must
implement the inherited abstract method Connection.createBlob()
The type ConnectionImpl must implement the inherited abstract method
Connection.createClob()
The type ConnectionImpl must implement the inherited abstract method
Connection.createNClob()
The type ConnectionImpl must implement the inherited abstract method
Connection.createSQLXML()

etc.

It looks like the sources are out of sync with the JDBC interfaces.
What version of the JDK am I supposed to use to compile DBCP?

Thanks,
	Neil

Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.