commons-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Friedt <cfri...@visible-assets.com>
Subject TelnetClient disable echo (Please Help!)
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:36:32 GMT
Hi everyone,

After a couple of days googling, I searched the mailing list archives
but did not come across anything to solve my problem.

Basically, I'm writing a Java app that will telnet into a TS-72xx ARM
board and run commands. However, the commands that I'm writing out and
flushing keep appearing when I try to read my results back from the
telnet stream.

This seems to be the case regardless of which SimpleOptionHandler /
EchoOptionHandler I specify, before or after connection. I've even tried
every permutation of telnet option 45 (suppress local echo).

Could somebody provide reliable sample Java code that uses TelnetClient
to connect to a telnet service (preferably that of BusyBox) ?

I've verified that the BusyBox telnet server is not at fault using plain
old sockets to port 23. When I issue the IAC DON'T ECHO and IAC WON'T
ECHO telnet directives, I do not see any echoing. That would also
eliminate the possibility that my JVM is at fault or my OS, but if it
matters, I'm running Sun JDK 1.6.0.06 under Gentoo Linux / 2.4.26-r1,
and commons-net-1.4.1-r1.

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

Christopher