commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Call me a moron, but I just can't make it work!
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:40:29 GMT schrieb:
> Michael Robinson schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> I'm writing a program that must load, search, edit and save Mac OS X
>> plist files.
>> I was attempting to use apple's NS* foundation classes, but I couldn't
>> work out how to write to the plist files (maybe I'm just stupid).
>> I searched around the internet and was overjoyed to find
>> apache.commons.configuration.
>> I've played with it for the past few days, trying to figure out how
>> I'm meant to get data out of the plist files I'm working with.
> Have you looked at the unit tests for the configuration project?
> Commons projects generally have pretty good unit test coverage, which
> means that there is almost certainly an example of reading  a plist file
> and extracting a value from it in there somewhere.
> In general, the unit tests for a project are a good source of examples
> when the explicit user examples and tutorials don't cover what you need
> to do.
> The unit tests can be fetched from the Apache subversion system using
> the url that is in the left-hand navigation bar.
> Regards,
> Simon

You can find the test class for XMLPropertyListConfiguration at [1]. It
reads a test file [2] and evaluates the properties contained.

I assume your concrete problem is due to the fact that the value of the
"SandwichFillings" key is an array, which obviously complicates things.
Have a look at the testNestedArray() method in [1], which deals with
nested arrays.

Querying the value of an array should result in a List. You can dump the
content of this list to see how it is structured.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message