commons-user mailing list archives

From "simon.kitching@chello.at" <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Call me a moron, but I just can't make it work!
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:19:24 GMT
Michael Robinson schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a program that must load, search, edit and save Mac OS X
> plist files.
>
> I was attempting to use apple's NS* foundation classes, but I couldn't
> work out how to write to the plist files (maybe I'm just stupid).
>
> I searched around the internet and was overjoyed to find
> apache.commons.configuration.
>
> I've played with it for the past few days, trying to figure out how
> I'm meant to get data out of the plist files I'm working with.

Have you looked at the unit tests for the configuration project?

Commons projects generally have pretty good unit test coverage, which
means that there is almost certainly an example of reading  a plist file
and extracting a value from it in there somewhere.

In general, the unit tests for a project are a good source of examples
when the explicit user examples and tutorials don't cover what you need
to do.

The unit tests can be fetched from the Apache subversion system using
the url that is in the left-hand navigation bar.

Regards,
Simon