commons-user mailing list archives

From "vijay shanker" <>
Subject how unique is uid generated by version four generater.
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:10:36 GMT
hi gruop,

This is my first mail to the list.

I am part of a team developing a system where i have to generate uid at
three different platforms. These data should be saved in a single repository
at the server.

We are planning to use VersionFourGenerator for uid generation.

I just wanted to know how can I ensure that the UUIDs generated from three
different platforms are unique and the will not be any problem when using
this as primary key in server database.
i am in the situation to generate uid, as if should always be unique.

Vijay Shanker