commons-user mailing list archives

From Mathias Stödtler <m.stoedt...@alea.de>
Subject VFS HTTPClient Timeout
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 06:51:14 GMT

        Hi,

        We're using apache VFS and Http-Filesystem for our development.
        So the
        http file system is somewhere far from the client. If somehow
        the
        connection is lost (e.g. cable cut) VFS hangs until the
        connection can
        be established again.

        I'm searching for a way to set a timeout to the HTTP Filesystem
        but
        actually found nothing in documentation how to do this.

        I tried by setting:

        DefaultHttpParams.getDefaultParams().setIntParameter(HttpConnectionParams.SO_TIMEOUT,
10);

        DefaultHttpParams.getDefaultParams().setIntParameter(HttpConnectionParams.CONNECTION_TIMEOUT,
10);

        DefaultHttpParams.getDefaultParams().setIntParameter(HttpMethodParams.SO_TIMEOUT,
10);

        but all had no effect.

        Can anybody help?

        Thanx in advance!