commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: VFS problem with StaticUserAuthenticator
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:25:12 GMT
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Mario Ivankovits <mario@ops.co.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>> so what i meant (and i hope this is in line with jason harrop, the
>> project leader) is, that webdavclient4j should be the default library
>> (as it is slide at the moment) used for vfs' webdav providers.
>> therefore it would be necessary to take over webdavclient4j's vfs
>> providers (webdav and webdavs) to commons-vfs, exactly as you
>> mentioned it.
> Yep, if Jason is providing a release of the webdavlib4j core through an
> public maven repository we can go that route.

Right!  The first step is to get you guys on maven since that's the
easiest way to set up a maven-friendly release.  The process to get
you in the central repository isn't very difficult either.  The
requests do take some time, though.  My recent request took 2 weeks or
maybe longer I can't remember.  Then, we change VFS' webdav provider
to depend on webdavclient4j.  That sounds like a plan.  Again, if you
guys want help mavenizing, just let me know.  I might be able to spend
a few cycles getting it set up.