commons-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Commons-Compress status?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:01:12 GMT
Hello,

I am writing an Java thick client app. where I want to extract Zip and
Tar.[gz|bz2] files and maintain Linux permissions. Instead of pulling
down all the dependencies of ant to do this, I found the
commons-compress. I see that the build has been in a failed state for
a while. I realize it is only a sandbox project, but is there a chance
to get a version that will install without test failures?

Failed tests:
  testReadPosixTar(org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar.TarTestCase)
  testReadGnuTar(org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar.TarTestCase)
  testWritePosixTar(org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar.TarTestCase)

Thank you and hope to see this become an official project.

-Andrew