commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Carpenter" <b...@engineer.com>
Subject Blurry JPGs when using FileUpload 1.2.1
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:14:21 GMT
Hi,

Using FileUpload 1.2.1 with Struts the image quality of my JPGs are blurry.
I've had this problem for a couple years, but was hoping that v1.2.1 would
solve the problem.

You can view the before and after images here:

  http://www.customerfeedbackllc.com/dev/receipt_before_upload.jpg
  http://www.customerfeedbackllc.com/dev/receipt_after_upload.jpg

Here is the code from my Struts Action class that does the work:

  String uploadFilePath = form.getUploadFilePath();
  InputStream is = uploadFile.getInputStream();  // uploadFile is a FormFile
  BufferedImage bufiIn = ImageIO.read(is);

  // bufiIn is stored in a custom object (TransferImage, which extends
Canvas and is Serializable) - here are the essential steps
  int[] imgPix = (int[])pix;
  int width = bufiIn.getWidth();
  int height = bufiIn.getHeight();

  BufferedImage bufiOut = new BufferedImage(width, height,
BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_BGR);
  image.setRGB(0, 0, width, height, imgPix, 0, width);

  // Write the bufi to a tmp file for viewing
  ImageIO.write(bufiOut, "jpg", new
File("c:\\tmp\\receipt_after_upload.jpg"));

The receipt_before_upload.jpg comes from a camera phone. Usually, images
coming from scanners are not as blurry.

Can you suggest any way to reduce the blurriness?

Thanks,

--BobC