commons-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Hamacher" <eric.hamac...@enetrix.com>
Subject Commons IO FileUtils question
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:15:16 GMT
Hello:

I took a file on my filesystem, copied and renamed it.  I took the two
files and compared them using FileUtils.contentEquals(File, File).  In
this case, shouldn't the method return true?  If not, when would it
return true?

Thanks

Regards,

Eric Hamacher

THIS EMAIL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE REVIEW OF THE ADDRESSEE(S), AND MAY
CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION. INTERCEPTION,
COPYING, DISSEMINATION, OR OTHER USE BY OTHER THAN THE ADDRESSEE(S) IS
PROHIBITED AND MAY BE PENALIZED UNDER APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS. IF YOU
RECEIVED THIS EMAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE IT AND NOTIFY ME BY RETURN
EMAIL TO eric.hamacher@enetrix.com *******************************