commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCI project's usage
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:01:00 GMT

On Jun 10, 2008, at 09:49, Alexandr Liahushevich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anybody know about what means "in memory" compilation?

Hey Alexandr

> I suppose it
> means we can compile classes in memory(without output them) and used
> these
> classes directly from classpath.

Exactly.

> But I can't find implementation for this
> functionality. Maybe it's not supported yet?

No ...it has been there since day 1. Have you had a look into the
examples yet?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/jci/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/jci/examples/

The JSP implementation basically reads the JSP page, creates the java
source in memory and passes that on to the compiler. The JSP servlet
compiles it and stores them in a MemoryResourceStore. So the only disk
access is the reading of the JSP page.

If you need further help I am happy to walk you through.

cheers
--
Torsten

PS: Please do not cross-post to multiple lists.