commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mircea Zahan" <mza...@adaptive.ro>
Subject Re: FileUpload - ServletFileUpload.parseRequest() returning empty list
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:30:06 GMT
Ok, so I was the one that flunked, mea culpa.

I'm developing with AJAX since more than two years
and I am used to manually assembling all the page params,
by using the "id" attribute, of course.

But in a form all params must have a name :)


>>> Hi everybody.
>>>
>>> Maybe this question has been already asked, but since there is no mail
>>> archive search facility
>> 
>> 
>> Huh?
>> 
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/
>> http://commons.markmail.org/
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/user@commons.apache.org/
>> http://marc.info/?l=jakarta-commons-user&r=1&w=2
>> http://www.nabble.com/Commons---User-f319.html
>> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.user
>> 
>> None of those work for you??
> 
> And where would these links be listed ? It would be nice if they
> were on commons Mailing Lists page.
> 
> 
>>> ,I will ask it (again?).
>>>
>>> I copy-pasted (for the sake of corectness) the code
>>> from the tutorial in my own servlet's doPost method:
>>>
>>> FileItemFactory factory = new DiskFileItemFactory();
>>> ServletFileUpload upload = new ServletFileUpload(factory);
>>> List items = upload.parseRequest(request);
>>>
>>>
>>> Before jumping, I did read the FAQ. The first question there
>>> is my issue. But it has an answer which is vague at best.
>>> "This most commonly happens when the request has already
>>> been parsed, or processed in some other way".
>>> Well, my tomcat is .... naked. It has no filters, no other servlets.
>>> Who could steal my files? I'm cooking my brains on this since
>>> yesterday with no luck. :(
>>>
>> 
>>>
>>> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>> 
>> 
>> Well, you haven't told us what you have already tried, what you have
>> verified, and what approach you have taken to tracking down the problem, so
>> we wouldn't really know where to start with helping you out.
> 
> To make a two days long story short: I used the "id" attribute
> on the "file" input insted of "name".
> 
> Darn, all the other HTML components work by the "id" attribute,
> only this one works by the "name". The guys from w3c really flunked
> on this one.
> 
> Of course, there is always the RTFM issue, I blame myself for not
> carefully doing it ... 'cause I did it ... but, obviously, not well enough.
> 
>> 
>> --
>> Martin Cooper
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>> Thank you in advance,
>>> Mircea.
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message