commons-user mailing list archives

From "Seva Popov" <seva_po...@tvworks.com>
Subject [net] FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:14:25 GMT
Hello,

We are using Maven 2.0.9 (with the wagon FTP provider) to deploy to our Maven remote repository
which is hosted by the ProFTP server. The mentioned FTP provider is using the commons-net-1.4.1.jar
as an FTP client.

>From time to time we are getting the following exception:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without
indication.
      at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:267)
      at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:460)
      at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:520)
      at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.pass(FTP.java:688)
      at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.login(FTPClient.java:647)
      at org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ftp.FtpWagon.openConnection(FtpWagon.java:130)
      ... 37 more

Could you give us a hint of what could be wrong with an FTP connection (as "Connection closed
without indication" is not a very descriptive message) and how to debug and address this issue?

Thanks,
Seva