commons-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: SCXML Listeners
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:41:04 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Akolkar []
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:24 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: SCXML Listeners

On 6/24/08, Javier Rodríguez Escolar <> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I was just starting to use your SCXML implementation and I have noticed that
>  if I use a SCXMLListener to perform some actions whenever some concrete
>  states are entered, the onEntry method is called after all the actions
>  specified on the <onentry/> element have been done.

Yup, by design, all callbacks in SCXMLListener are after the
corresponding actions (for entry, transition or exit).

> Due to the nature of my
>  specific use case I would prefer the onEntry method on the Listener to be
>  called before executing the onentry actions, so my questions are: is there
>  any reason for this behavior? is there any way to put my code when a state
>  is entered and before to the execution of the onentry actions?

Model it in a custom action:

  <my:action ... />
  ... other actions ...

More generally, for those just starting with Commons SCXML:

>  Thanks,
>  Javi.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: