commons-user mailing list archives

From "Billy Ng" <billyng.comm...@gmail.com>
Subject FileUpload Streaming API vs traditional
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:32:13 GMT
Hi folks,

I am using the FileUpload traditional api in my servlet, but it will either
hold the stream in the memory, or write the data to a tmp file if it is
bigger than the threshold.  It becomes very slow when the servlet is under
load.  For the Streaming API, is it just reading the incoming stream from
the request only?  In short, I don't want anything being held in the memory
or written to a tmp file.  I want to write the stream directly to the
location I want.  This way, I could save the memory and IO.  Will the
streaming api the right choice for me?

Thanks in advance!

Billy