commons-user mailing list archives

From Agile Aspect <agile.asp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.16 on Linux installation and setup
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:41:44 GMT
If you're working as root, then you don't permission to write
into /var/run.

Add a flag for pid file to write somewhere where you have
permission to write, e.g., /tmp

       -pidfile /tmp/jsvc.pid

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."