commons-user mailing list archives

From vishist mandapaka <vishi...@gmail.com>
Subject [Logging] Problem with rollover
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:38:40 GMT
Hi,
    We're using commons-logging as part of our logging framework. The
environment is websphere process server 6.x on windows server 2003 with
jdk 1.4. For some reason, the rollover of logs files is not happening
and its overwriting the same file. The same configuration file was used
with other projects on weblogic and websphere portal and its working
fine. I'm enclosing the log4j configuration file along with this mail. I
manually created rollover-files just to get around the scenario where
the server may not have permissions to create a log file, but the
strange thing is it is deleting the rollover log files and writing onto
the same file. Please let me know if I'm missing anything here.

thanks
vishist.

# increasing priority levels:  debug, info, warn, error, fatal
#log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, stdout, error
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, debug, ERROR, error

# Application console logs

# Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.
#log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %-5p [%t] %c
- %m%n

# Debug Log
log4j.appender.debug=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.debug.File=cesuservices_debug.log
log4j.appender.debug.MaxFileSize=5000KB
log4j.appender.debug.MaxBackupIndex=9
log4j.appender.debug.Threshold=DEBUG
log4j.appender.debug.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.debug.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %-5p [%t] %c -
%m%n

# Error Log
log4j.appender.error=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.error.File=cesuservices_error.log
log4j.appender.error.MaxFileSize=5000KB
log4j.appender.error.MaxBackupIndex=9
log4j.appender.error.Threshold=ERROR
log4j.appender.error.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.error.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %-5p [%t] %c -
%m%n

# Aplication
log4j.logger.debug.com=DEBUG, debug
#log4j.logger.error.com=ERROR, stdout, error
log4j.additivity.error.com.pwc=false
log4j.additivity.debug.com.pwc=false

# All
log4j.logger.org=FATAL
log4j.logger.net=FATAL

# Velocity
log4j.logger.org.apache.velocity=FATAL

# Hibernate
#log4j.logger.net.sf.hibernate.SQL=DEBUG
#log4j.logger.net.sf.hibernate.engine.QueryParameters=DEBUG