commons-user mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Rabl <wolfgang.r...@maven.at>
Subject [SCXML] two scxml questions
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:29:11 GMT
Hello!

I am new in commonsSCXML and have two questions:

If i declare a variable in my scxml file as the example in the
Documentation suggests i get an error:

My scxml file:

<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml"
      version="1.0"
      initialstate="hello">

    <state id="hello">
         <onentry>
             <var name="foo" expr="'bar'" />
        </onentry>

    </state>
</scxml>

But here I get a Warning at the startup:
             Ignoring element <var> in namespace
"http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml" at file:main.scxml:34:38 and digester
match "scxml/state/onentry/var"

What might be the problem here?

my second question is about registering listeners for notifications of
state machine execution events. In the stopwatch example such a listener
is implemented for the 3 events onEntry,OnExit and onTransition,
but this one only retrieves the stateID and calls a method of the same
name by using reflection.
Is it possible to get more parameters that can be used later in the
Method? For example i would like to implement a state, that is reached
because of some special _eventdata. Now the entry into this state
triggers a methodcall and within the method I want to know the content
of the _eventdata. If thats not possible at least i would like to have
access to the datamodel of the Statemachine so i could buffer the
_eventdata there (if i figure out how the <var> tags work)

I would really appreciate your help in this manner.
Wolfgang