commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: stiff integration problem
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:23:02 GMT
Arne Dieckmann a écrit :
> Hi Luc,
>
> thanks for you immediate reply. I know the odeToJava package, but I do
> not really like the style of the code that much.

I agree.

> Anyhow, this seems to
> be the only available solution right now. Will there also be a
> Bader-Deuflhard or Gear algorithm in version 2.0?

If someone ask for them, it is worth doing it. Could you please add
comments about this on the already open JIRA ticket about stiff problems
 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-172) ?

Do you also have freely available references on these and other methods ?

> Can you give a rough
> estimate of the time when 2.0 will be available (+- 1 year)?

My current goal is to release it this year. But there is clearly NO
promise on ANY schedule, and I'm not the only one involved.

Luc