commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: stiff integration problem
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:33:07 GMT
Arne Dieckmann a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I'm quite new to the field of numerical mathematics and need to write an
> application which is able to integrate stiff ODEs. I have looked through
> the math-package and did not find an algorithm suitable for that
> problem. Am I right or did I miss an appropriate method? If the package
> does not contain a suitable algorithm, can you suggest any other
> package? Thanks for your help...

The current version of commons-math does not handle stiff problems.
I will certainly add support for version 2.0 which is currently under
development, but cannot provide a time frame for that. On of the first
implemented solver for this kind of problems will be radau5.

For now, you can try the odeToJava package provided by Netlib:
   http://www.netlib.org/ode/odeToJava.tgz

Luc