commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Schuster <st...@wilken.de>
Subject Re: VFS problem with StaticUserAuthenticator
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:27:56 GMT
hi james!

jwcarman wrote:
> Are there thoughts on doing a new release.  We really need webdav working in
> VFS and the core VFS code in the sandbox just doesn't work.  One simple test

it would be great if you as a commons-vfs-comitter could replace slide
with webdavclient4j and make it part of the core instead of being in i
separate sandbox.

> (connecting to a webdav directory and listing its contents) doesn't work out
> of the box.  I can't get the webdavclient4j webdav vfs provider to work
> either.  I get an IllegalStateException ("this should not happen").

hmmm, it's working fine for me. id you test with the correct
dependencies? did you apply vfs-74? here is my environment:

// httpclient (should work with 3.1 as well)
- commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar

// commons-vfs (patched with vfs-74 see [1])
- commons-vfs-1.1-patched-hc301-SNAPSHOT.jar

// the core webdav functionality (replaces slide)
- webdavclient4j-core-0.91.jar

// webdav providers for vfs -> the bridge between webdavclient4j and vfs
(replaces vfs-sandbox stuff)
- webdavclient4j-vfs-0.91.jar

// dependencies
- commons-codec-1.3.jar
- commons-logging.jar
- jdom-1.0.jar

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-74

if it is really not working, could you please provide more information,
e.g. stack trace.

@jason: could you answer the remaining question: are there thoughts on
doing a new release? i think this would be a good idea!

cheers,
stephan