commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Schuster <st...@wilken.de>
Subject Re: sources commons vfs sandbox
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 08:50:54 GMT
hi together!

> The VFS project is no longer in the sandbox; it has been promoted to a
> normal commons project.

yeah, but i guess yannik means the "sandbox within commons vfs" which
e.g. contains the webdav providers.

read the news on the homepage: " VFS is splitted into core, examples and
sandbox now. Due to some technical reasons we had to move the webdav and
jcifs (smb) filesystem to the sandbox. So if you need one of these
filesystems you have to build VFS manually. "

webdav functionality has been moved to the sandbox since it is based on
jakarta slide which has been retired. to access the vfs-sandbox code
check out commons-vfs (see http://commons.apache.org/vfs/download.html
at the bottom).

BUT, as i said in my previous posting: it's better to use webdavclient4j
instead of slide and the sandbox stuff of vfs.

regards,
stephan