commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Schuster <st...@wilken.de>
Subject Re: VFS problem with StaticUserAuthenticator
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 08:11:28 GMT
hi yannick!

> Is the code working with a newer version of httpclient than
> 2.0.2<http://2.0.2./>or must I use the patch you have posted to the
> forum ?

here is what you have to do to use commons-vfs with webdav based on
httpclient 3.0.1 (probably even 3.1 - i havn't tested it yet but there
where posting that it should work with 3.1 as well, i'm sure it will!):

- in order to use commons-vfs jars with httpclient 3.0.1 you have to
patch commons-vfs (see [1])
- you have to use the webdavclient4j jars instead of the jakarta slide jars

the easiest way to achieve all this is to checkout webdavclient4j (see
[2]) and execute the ant target called "all". amongst others this will
generate a folder named "dist/vfs/lib" which contains all jars you need:

// httpclient
- commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar

// commons-vfs (patched with vfs-74)
- commons-vfs-1.1-patched-hc301-SNAPSHOT.jar

// the core webdav functionality (replaces slide)
- webdavclient4j-core-0.91.jar

// webdav providers for vfs -> the bridge between webdavclient4j and vfs
(replaces vfs-sandbox stuff)
- webdavclient4j-vfs-0.91.jar

// dependencies
- commons-codec-1.3.jar
- commons-logging.jar
- jdom-1.0.jar

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-74
[2] http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=223624

cheers,
stephan

> [...]
>>

>> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/webdavclient4j/
>> [2] http://vfsjfilechooser.sourceforge.net
>> [3]
>> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2057078&forum_id=806778
>>

>> Yannick PIERSON wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using commons VFS and  I get a problem.
>>>
>>> To access to virtual file system, I'm using this authentification :
>>> this.auth = new StaticUserAuthenticator(credentials.getDomain(),
>>> credentials.getUsername(), credentials.getPassword());
>>>
>>> This code works whith smb protocol (share windows), but doesn't work with
>>> webdav :
>>> For it I must write the url -> webdav://user:password@host
>>> :port/directory.
>>> And this code works...
>>>
>>> But I want to use the same authentification that I'm using for smb.
>>>
>>> Do you know why it doesn't work ?
>>>
>>> I think my problem is on the realm definition.
>>>
>>> My error trace :
>>> ATTENTION: No credentials available for the 'WORKGROUP' authentication
>>> realm
>>> at host
>>> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException:
>>> Could
>>> not determine the type of file "webdav://host/directory/testFile.txt".
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.attach(AbstractFileObject.java:1345)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getType(AbstractFileObject.java:443)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.exists(AbstractFileObject.java:433)
>>>        at test.UserApp.main(UserApp.java:38)
>>> Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.setDavResource(WebdavFileObject.java:190)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.doAttach(WebdavFileObject.java:92)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.attach(AbstractFileObject.java:1331)
>>>        ... 3 more
>>> Caused by: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource.propfindMethod(WebdavResource.java:3517)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource.propfindMethod(WebdavResource.java:3472)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource.setNamedProp(WebdavResource.java:976)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource.setDefaultProperties(WebdavResource.java:963)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource.setProperties(WebdavResource.java:1923)
>>>        at
>>>
>>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.setDavResource(WebdavFileObject.java:186)

Viele Grüße,
Stephan Schuster

Abt.: Systementwicklung       Wilken GmbH
Tel: (+49)0731/9650-324       Software. Menschen. Service.
Fax: (+49)0731/9650-767
E-Mail: stsch@wilken.de       Hörvelsinger Weg 25-29
Internet: www.wilken.de       D-89081 Ulm

Wilken GmbH, HRB Ulm 794, GF: Dr. Andreas Lied