commons-user mailing list archives

From "John B. Moore" <...@esonicspider.com>
Subject Re: Turning off commons logging
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 01:41:53 GMT
Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> The place where we put our log4j configuration file in webapps is
>
> .../tomcat/webapps/myWebapp/WEB-INF/classes/logj4.properties
>
> That puts it on the classpath for the webapp.

Yes thanks for reminding me.. I do now remember that, and the reason for
it being where it is at is so I can control who sees that file.

> If you have it in the place you mentioned above, I don't think that it
> will be found by Log4j being called through Commons Logging.

I agree, I did copy a version of that to the .../classes directory and
it had NO effect..  Why, I don't have a clue, one would think it would.

Thanks for your reminders and suggestions.

John..