commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cli] Are there any 1.0 -> 1.1/1.2-SNAPSHOT upgrade notes
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 17:03:41 GMT
Hi Russel,

Thank you for testing CLI 1.2, your feedback is much welcome.

One important difference of CLI 1.1 is that options are only
instantiated once. With your example, the two -J options are
materialized by a single Option with 4 values, but since you specified
hasArgs(2), the Option actually holds 2 values (source, 1.5).

So the solution to "fix" your example with CLI 1.1 is to change
hasArgs(2) into hasArgs(), and then get the list of values for the -J
option with cmdline.getOptionValues('J'). This will return an array with
[source, 1.5, target, 1.5].

I don't think this is the right behavior, the number of arguments should
be per occurrence of the option, and we should add a property telling if
the option is repeatable.

Emmanuel Bourg