commons-user mailing list archives

From "John B. Moore" <>
Subject Turning off commons logging
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 00:25:15 GMT
I'm using a number of org.apache.commons libraries in a web project and
I need to turn off the logging that is occurring within the commons.  I
must confess that, though I have used Log4j for years, I only use it at
a very basic level and still rely on a very basic property file. (shown
at the bottom of this message)

The commons libraries are generating massive amounts of output and I
need to shut that off.

I keep my file for a given webapp in:

My first guess wast that it is seeing my core instance of Log4j and
using that.. but when I add has no effect.. which makes me question that it is seeing my
configuration file.

Anyone have some hints as to getting the commons logging turned off
without affecting my application logging.

================ current log4j property file contents ===========

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1, R1

# A1 is a Console Appender

# R1 is a Rolling file appender
# File Size
# Keep one backup file

# Output Patterns
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t](%F:%L) %-5p - %m%n

log4j.appender.R1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t](%F:%L) %-5p - %m%n

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message