commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POOL] you can return your object several times?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:53:57 GMT
On 03/06/2008, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

>  kpetrov wrote:
>

> > Mark Thomas-18 wrote:

> times:
> > > >
> > > Which version of pool are you using?
> > >

> > 1.4. Actually, just checked the source code...seems like this is done by
> > design... was surprised though.

So long as it is documented, it seems reasonable to me.

For example, some close() methods can be called multiple times; only
the first close() needs to do anything, later calls to close() are
ignored. This can be useful in cleanup code.

>  I haven't looked at the code in a while so I don't know how easy it would
> be to patch this. If you were able to suggest a patch I am sure it would be
> welcomed (create a JIRA issue and attach it there).

I don't think the behaviour should be changed unless it is clearly not intended.
And even then, unless it causes a problem, why risk breaking
applications that rely on it?