commons-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Bertelsen" <bertelsen.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Telnet] how to determine the prompt?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:02:28 GMT
2008/6/10 Uwe Fischer <mistuwefischer@web.de>:
> Hi Erik,
>
> thanks for that, I had a look at the tlntadmn tool and it is quite useful. However, one
needs control over the Telnet Server. Would you know a way to overcome the cursor addressing
codes when no access to tlntadmn is possible?

Sorry, no -- this is really a configuration issue on the telnet server

> Do these codes follow some kind of standard or pattern?
They are probably ANSI X3.64 escape codes (also known as vt00 terminal codes).

Luckily I have never had to handle this situation in cases where I
could not get the telnet server properly configured.

> Thanks and best regards,

You're welcome

> Uwe

Tschüß - Erik