commons-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Bertelsen" <bertelsen.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Telnet] how to determine the prompt?
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2008 09:51:34 GMT
2008/6/6 Uwe Fischer <mistuwefischer@web.de>:
> Hello Pierre,
>
> how would you do that for a Windows Telnet Server?
>

> Another question I have is also related to the Windows Telnet Server implementation.
I recognized some kind of "control characters" in the response of the Windows Telnet Server.
It looks like this:

>  [1;1H*===============================================================
>  [2;1HMicrosoft Telnet Server.
>  [3;1H*===============================================================
>  [4;1HD:\Users\username>
>  [5;1H [K [6;1H [K [7;1H [K [8;1H [K [9;1H [K [10;1H [K [11;1H [K [12;1H [K [13;1H [K
[14;1H [K [15;1H [K [16;1H [K [17;1H [K [18;1H [K [19;1H [K [20;1H [K [21;1H [K [22;1H [K
[23;1H [K [24;1H [K [25;1H [K [4;17H

> Does anybody know its meaning and how to get rid of these control characters to get a
"clean" output?

To get rid of the cursor addressing codes from the telnet server
(which is intended position output on the telnet client's screen)  you
should set the telnet server into stream mode. This is done using the
tlntadmn command line utility on the Windows server. As far as I
remember the way to do this differs between different versions of
Windows. This must be done on the Windows maching running the telnet
server, not on the client machine connecting to it.

On Windows Server 2003, calling tlntadmn without parameters displays a
few lines of configuration options including one called 'Mode of
Operation'. This option should be set to 'Stream'. Use tlntadmn -? to
display a help message describing how to change the settings.

- Erik