commons-user mailing list archives

From "dolgun@excite.com" <dol...@excite.com>
Subject Re: FileUpload - the download's md5 does not match apache's md5
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 01:24:10 GMT

Thanks for all the responses.

Upon further checking, my browser(Safari 2.0.4) automatically unzips files after downloading
them, so the md5 I was getting:

MD5 (/Users/me/Desktop/commons-fileupload-1.2.1-bin.tar) = 1dd142e03ac3703f727bc3b9367d9a74

did not match Apache's md5:

d8cccd7b9938c17169751ed978265673 *commons-fileupload-1.2.1-bin.tar.gz

But the md5 of the downloaded file was for the .tar file not the .tar.gz file.

There doesn't seem to be a setting in Safari that allows you to stop Safari from automatically
unzipping the files it downloads.  The way I got around the automatic uzipping problem was
by right clicking on the download link while holding down the Option key.   That presents
a menu with a choice of:  "Save Linked File As", which allows you to choose a directory to
download the file to.  Safari doesn't unzip the file when you save it to a directory.

Thanks for the help.