commons-user mailing list archives

From jharrop <>
Subject Re: VFS problem with StaticUserAuthenticator
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:12:07 GMT

Yes James, if you'd like to mavenize the webdavclient4j build for us, then
please be our guest :).  It'd definitely be appreciated. Otherwise, I can
probably find time to do it myself in a week or so.

We do have a bit of a chicken and the egg problem, in that webdavclient4j
uses HC 3.x, but to do that, it needs VFS to use the same HC (which only
requires that VFS-74 be applied).  It'd be great if that could make it into
the next VFS point release.

So I'd settle for VFS 74 being applied in HEAD; and mavenizing the
webdavclient4j build myself.

Stephan Schuster-3 wrote:
>> Right!  The first step is to get you guys on maven since that's the
>> easiest way to set up a maven-friendly release.  The process to get
>> you in the central repository isn't very difficult either.  The
>> requests do take some time, though.  My recent request took 2 weeks or
>> maybe longer I can't remember.  Then, we change VFS' webdav provider
>> to depend on webdavclient4j.  That sounds like a plan.  Again, if you
>> guys want help mavenizing, just let me know.  I might be able to spend
>> a few cycles getting it set up.
> sounds good!
> regarding the maven-friendly release i'm not an expert, but i always
> wanted to learn more about it. i guess that would be the chance.
> however, i definitly won't be able to spend some time here until i
> finished my current project. so james, if you could "spend a few cycles
> getting it set up" that would be great! probably you should contact
> jason beforehand. unfortunately i wasn't able to reach him during the
> last few days.

Sent from the Commons - User mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message