commons-user mailing list archives

From jharrop <ja...@plutext.org>
Subject Re: VFS problem with StaticUserAuthenticator
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2008 05:30:28 GMT

Yannick PIERSON wrote:

> I've done what you have explain to me. For webdav it's working now, but i
> can't access to a share folder on windows thanks to smb protocol. Is there
> an another library to perform that?

The webdavclient4j distribution includes a modified version of the WebDAV
provider from vfs sandbox.

The smb provider is also in the vfs sandbox.  It is not currently included
in the build of commons-vfs we include (sounds like it should be).

If you have already downloaded webdavclient4j sources, you could copy the
smb provider into the webdavclient4j source tree, and rebuild.

Don't forget vfs-providers.xml, from sandbox resources, which declares the
smb provider.

cheers

Jason