commons-user mailing list archives

From Uwe Fischer <mistuwefisc...@web.de>
Subject Re: [Telnet] how to determine the prompt?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:11:50 GMT
Hi Sebb,

your idea to change the prompt sounds good. However, how would I identify the very first appearance
of the prompt in order to change it? Also, is this (changing the prompt) possible for Windows
based telnet servers aswell?

Concerning your question, the problem with output redirection is that the program would stop
reading from the input stream, due to the appearance of ">" which would indicate that the
prompt has been reached. AFAIK.

Cheers,
Uwe

I face is that the devices I attach to can have the "#" or ">" characters maintained in
a user welcome messages when logging in. E.g., the following welcome message is displayed
when logging on to the device: